(pt.1) Is Richard Dawkins right in saying that science is the only real discipline that can give us reliable knowledge about reality? Has modern science buried the concept of the Judeo-Christian God? Many atheists and naturalists would respond with a resounding “YES!”
This is an all important question to answer in today’s rising culture of “Scientism,” which states that if a truth claim can’t be defended by using the language of physics or chemistry, it’s essentially meaningless. Is this claim of “Scientism” reasonable, or does it perhaps suffer from some internal contradictions?
In this video series, we will address 5 Reasons why science has not eliminated the classical and historical Christian concept of God:
- Scientific Founding Fathers – These individuals were to a large degree Christian Theists or Deists.
- “Scientism” – This is a logically self-defeating and self-contradictory concept.
- Simple Irrelevance – Approximately 95% of scientific knowledge has no bearing on the ideas and truth claims of the Christian Worldview.
- Strong Support – Approximately 5% of scientific knowledge that does intersect with the Christian Worldview is strongly supportive of Christian Theism.
- Single Perspective – Scientific knowledge is only one of many reliable methods we can use to obtain solid understanding and knowledge about reality.
I hope that you will stay with us as we continue to investigate this important question in light of the scientific, historical, and logical evidence – “Has Science Eliminated The Need For God?”.
Watch video here